Alaska Passport Offices – How to Find Alaskan Passport Offices

Is it time to get a passport? No need to worry. In Alaska, there are many options to get a passport. Passport processing facilities are usually in post offices. Other services are in courthouse building and county clerk offices. Most facilities suggest scheduling an appointment before stopping by. Also, go to their website to see their operating hours. Like other establishments, these buildings are not open on Federal holidays.

Processing Time

A passport processing time is routinely 4-6 weeks from the time the application was received.

Alaska Passport Offices in Some Facilities

Using a postal facility is recommended if you are not in a rush for a passport:

Location Address City State Zip Phone
Cooper Landing 38741 Snug Harbor  Rd Cooper Landing AK 99572 (907) 595-1234
Downtown Station 344W 3rd Ave Anchorage AK 99501 (907) 279-4016
Eagle River 11471 Business Blvd Eagle River AK 99577 (907) 694-2732
Girdwood 118 Lindblad Ave Anchorage AK 99587 (907) 783-2922
Kenai 140 Bidarka St Kenai AK 99611 (907) 283-7771
Palmer       500 S Cobb St Palmer AK 99645 (907) 745-5051
Wasilla 401 N Main St Wasilla AK 99654 (907) 376-5327
Willow 13232 N McKinley Way Willow AK 99688 (907) 495-6266

Check with an expeditor if you need a passport in shorter processing time.

Expediting Service

If you are in a rush and need a passport in less than four weeks, an expediting service can assist you with it. With an expediting service, the service can have the application process in as little as 2-3 weeks. If you need an emergency passport, this service can get you an emergency passport in 24 hours. In this case, you must provide documents to show proof of emergency. Keep in mind that this service will cost an additional fee.

Also, an expediting service agent can assist you in getting a passport for a minor. The agent could help you to renew an old passport and even if your passport was lost or stolen.

Currently, there is no passport agency in Alaska, but the nearest one is in Seattle, Washington. Call the National Passport Center hotline toll free number at (877) 487-2778 to get in contact with your nearest agency. The closest passport agency is listed below.

Seattle Passport Agency
Fifth and Yesler Building
300 5th Ave., Suite 600, Seattle, WA 98104

8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday through Friday

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

Passport Services Offered at Expedited Agencies

  • Passport Renewal
  • New Passport
  • Passport for Minors
  • Loss Passport Replacement
  • Passport Name Change


In 2005, the House of Representatives passed a bill into law called the REAL ID Act. The purpose of this bill is for all states to have a standard form of ID. Individually, each ID must display specific information on them. On each ID, the following information must be present:

  • Full legal name
  • Residential address
  • Birthdate
  • Gender
  • Driver’s license or identification card number
  • Digital front-facing photograph
  • Signature

Some states already agreed to this new act while others are in disagreement to implement it. Recently, the new administration imposes this law on all states, and it must be put into place by the end of 2017. Nevertheless, for citizens without the unique ID must provide a valid U.S. passport or permanent residency card as proof of identification. Therefore, people without a passport or residency card will not be allowed to board a plane. Also, people will not be allowed to go anywhere a valid ID is required. So, if you don’t have a passport or your passport expired, you should apply for one as soon as you can.

Currently, Alaska has the extension for the Real ID Act until October 10, 2018. With this expansion, individuals can continue to use their current state-issued identification. A state-issued identification can be a state id or a driver’s license which is both obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).

To prevent any issues you may encounter at the airport, apply for an alternative traveling document that is acceptable by the REAL ID Act. Such ids can be:

  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • HSPD-12 PIV card

Word of advice:

When completing any forms, please follow the directions attached to each form. If you don’t follow the instructions correctly, your application process will not continue on schedule. Below you will find a list of passport processing facilities in and around your county. Click on the one nearest you to get the necessary information you will need.

Alaska Passport Offices - How to Find Alaskan Passport Offices Passport Locations