Arkansas Passport Offices – Where to get a passport in Arkansas?

Are you planning a trip overseas? Does everyone in the family have a valid passport? No need to worry. In the state of Arkansas, there are many passport processing facilities. The most common place you will find one is in the post office. Yes, passport applications are accepted at a designated location in the post office. But, the post office is not the only place that a passport application is received. Other sites like the courthouse, county clerk’s office, and the library accept applications as well. All fees of these processing centers are the same. The time it takes the passport to process is about 4 to 6 weeks. However, some processing sites offer expediting services.

Below, you will find a list of some passport offices location. At the end of this article is a more detail list of passport sites in the different counties.

Some Arkansas Passport Offices

Facility Address City Phone
Sharp County Clerk’s Office 718 Ash Flat Dr.
Ash Flat, AR 72513
Ash Flat (870) 994-7361
Benton Post Office 1425 Military Rd.
Benton, AR 72015
Benton (501) 315-2950
Batesville Main Post Office 490 E College Ave.
Batesville, AR 72501
Batesville (870) 793-6828
Carrol County Clerk 210 W Church Ave.
Berryville, AR 72616
Berryville (870) 423-2022
Cabot Post Office 200 E Main St.
Cabot, AR 72023
Cabot (501) 843-9532
Camden Main Office 351 W Washington St.
Camden, AR 71701
Camden (870) 836-8146
Clarksville Post Office 200 W Sevier St.
Clarksville, AR 72830
Clarksville (479) 754-2205
Clinton Post Office 145 Volunteer Parkway
Clinton, AR 72031
Clinton (501) 745-2171
Conway Post Office 1060 Hogan Ln.
Conway, AR 72034
Conway (501) 730-0351

Expediting Services in Arkansas

What is expediting service? This service is when the passport processing time is sped up. The processing time is now half of which it would typically take to process the application. For instance, it takes 2 to 3 weeks when using an expeditor than going to the post office.

 Also, there are passport agencies that offer similar services as well as emergency passports. You can get an emergency passport if you need to travel in 24 to 72 hours. Of course with this service, you must provide proof of an emergency. Documentation that shows a family member is ill was in an accident or has died. Also, the purchase of a ticket or an itinerary from a valid airline with a date to travel. If would like to know if a passport agency is in your state, call the National Passport Center at (877) 487-2778. The hotline agent will give you the location and set up an appointment for you.

Here are the names of some passport agencies along with their address:

Arkansas Passport Center
191 Office Park Drive, Hot Springs, AR 71913

8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Monday through Friday

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

New Orleans Passport Agency
One Canal Place
365 Canal Street, Suite 1300, New Orleans, LA 70130-6508

8:00 am to 3:30 pm
Monday through Friday

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

Houston Passport Agency
George Thomas “Mickey” Leland Federal Building
1919 Smith Street, 4th Floor, Houston, TX 77002

7:30 am to 3:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday

10:00 am to 3:00 pm

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

REAL ID Act of 2005

What is the REAL ID Act? The REAL ID Act is a law passed by Congress to have a standard form of identification. The law must be implemented by all the United States at a set time. The confirmed date set is on October 1, 2020.

How does the REAL ID Act affect Air travel? States that are compliant with the law have their driver’s licenses and IDs displaying the criteria set by DHS. Therefore, residents can use either a driver’s license or a state-issued id as identification to board a flight. For the other states that are not in compliant but have extensions, their residents are allowed to use both forms of identification to travel by air. The extension ends on January 22, 2018. Only if the states with extensions are granted another extension, so then can their residents continue to use their state-issued ids. If not, then these residents cannot travel by air if they choose to use their current ids. Arkansas is compliant with the REAL ID Act.

What to do if your state is not compliant? There are other acceptable documents you can use to travel. Here is a list of some other documents:

  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • HSPD-12 PIV card

One of many advantages of owning one of these documents is that the document can be used to travel domestically, as well as internationally. So, it would be best to have one to help reduce the chance of having any difficulty when you decide to travel by air.

 See the list below of all the passport offices in different counties. You can visit anyone to process your application. Be prepared with all the forms and fees when you do so.


Arkansas Passport Offices - Where to get a passport in Arkansas? Passport Locations