Florida Passport Offices – Where to Find a Passport Office in Florida?

Are you ready to take a trip abroad but realize your passport is close to expiring or expired? You can renew it at any passport acceptance facility or use an expeditor to submit your application. Either way, you can have your new document ready for your trip.

There are many locations you can go to submit your application. The most regular place would be the post office. Post offices have agents certified by the state department to accept passport forms. Other venues are courthouses, county clerk’s offices, and libraries.

By using any of these facilities, the waiting time is usually 4-6 weeks before you get your new document in the mail. However, this time is decreased by half if you choose to use expediting service. This service cost additional fees depending on how quick you will need your passport.

Here is a list of some passport processing offices across Florida. A more detail list is at the end of this article.

Some Florida Passport Offices

Facility Address City Phone
U.S. Postal Service 5087 Edgewater Dr.
Orlando, FL 32810
Orlando (800) 275-8777
U.S. Postal Service 500 Bill France Blvd
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Daytona Beach (386) 274-6327
Duval County Clerk of the Circuit and County Court 501 W. Adams St. Suite 2350
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Jacksonville (904) 255-1930
Osceola County Clerk’s Office 2 Courthouse Square
Kissimmee, FL 34741
Kissimmee (407) 742-3530
City of Miami 3500 Pan American Dr.
Miami, FL 33133
Miami (305) 859-2705
USPS Dixie Village Station 2860 Delaney Ave
Orlando, FL 32806
Orlando (407) 425-2868
USPS Panama City Downtown Station 421 Jenks Ave
Panama City, FL 32401
Panama City (850) 7695537

Passport Expediting Services in Florida

Expediting service is usually recommended for anyone who needs a passport in a rush. One reason is that this service costs more than the going to the post office or the other locations. An expeditor submits all the documents you will need as well as fees. By doing so, the processing time gets diminished. Expeditors can also help with getting a passport for a minor, a lost passport, or a name change. So, if you need a passport in a shorter time than the 4-6 weeks processing time, then an expediting servicer is who you need.

Another option you can use to get a passport in a rush is a passport agency. Most passport agencies are in federal buildings. For this reason, an appointment is necessary. To find an office near you, call the National Passport Center hotline at (877) 487-2778. You will speak with an agent who can set up an appointment for you. Not every state has a passport agency; you may need to travel to another.

A passport agency can get you an emergency passport. You can get a passport in as little as 24 hours. To be able to get one, you must show proof of a crisis. For example, if a family member, in another country, is ill, in an accident, or passed away and requires your attendance. Then you can get the passport. Of course, this service has additional fees as well. It is the most expensive service of the other two.

Below are some agencies in state and out of the state of Florida.

Miami Passport Agency
Omni Center
1501 Biscayne Blvd Suite 210, Miami, FL 33132

8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday through Friday

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

U.S. Passport Agency
1100 Kings Road, Jacksonville, FL 32203

8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Monday through Friday

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

Atlanta Passport Agency
230 Peachtree Street NW, Suite 1000, Atlanta, GA 30303

8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday

10:00 am to 3:00 pm

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays


After September 11, the idea of having a unified ID card became a reality. In 2005, Congress passed a bill that all state-issued ID cards must have minimum security standards. Every state had a period to implement these securities on their driver’s licenses and ID cards. Some did while others were unable to do so.

The primary effect of the REAL ID Act on air travel. Many Americans frequently travel by air. In doing so, a proper document is necessary to show proof of identification. Instead of using a passport for domestic travels, a state-issued ID card or a driver’s license is valid for use. With the Act, if your state is not compliant, then you cannot bypass TSA to board your flight. The noncompliant state has until January 22, 2018, to do so. Otherwise, their residents must use another form of identification. If DHS extends these states ability to continue to use their old ID cards after the deadline, can their residents continue to fly without encountering issues with TSA?

Compliant states. The state of Florida is compliant with this law. States that are compliant will have little effect when it comes to flying. Residents can travel to and from any airports in the US. Getting an alternative document will be optional except to go abroad. The entire US including its territories must implement the REAL ID Act by October 1, 2020. If they don’t meet the deadline, other documents like a passport can replace them.

Recommendations by TSA. TSA recommends other valid documents for noncompliant states. You can use some of them to travel internationally. Here are some from the TSA list:

  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • HSPD-12 PIV card

Below is a more detail list of passport acceptance facilities in and around your county. You can visit anyone to submit your forms and pay the fees. Click on the one nearest you to get the necessary information you will need regarding a passport process. Also, you can get the operational hours.

Florida Passport Offices - Where to Find a Passport Office in Florida? Passport Locations