Hawaii Passport Offices – Where to Get a Passport in Hawaii?

Finding a passport office in Hawaii is no different than other states. Offices are usually in post offices, courthouses, county clerk’s offices, and some libraries. All of these locations accept a passport application but do not process them on site. The processing takes place elsewhere.

Each acceptance facility has certified agents to begin the process. Before coming to one, it is best that you call to get the operational hours. Most sites close on federal holidays.

When using a post office to start a passport application, the period it takes before you get your new document is about 4-6 weeks. Some office does offer expedited services. This service costs more but can get you a passport in about 2-3 weeks. To get this service, you must show proof of travel. Here are some passport offices in Hawaii essential cities.

Hawaii Passport Offices

Facility Address City Phone
Hawaii Community College- OCET 1175 Manono Street, BLDG 379A RM 3, Hilo, HI 96720 Hilo (808) 934-2700
Airport Main Post Office 3600 Aolele Street, Unit 500, Honolulu, HI 96820 Honolulu (808) 423-3434
Kula Post Office 4450 Kula Highway, Kula, HI 96790 Kula (808) 876-1056
Paia Post Office 120 Baldwin Avenue, Paia, HI 96779 Paia (808) 579-8866

Expediting Passport Services in Hawaii

As mentioned before, some post offices offer expedited services. Using this service will get you a passport faster than the average processing time. However, you need to provide proof or evidence of travel. Evidence can be a ticket or itinerary from the airline company.

Passport agencies also have a similar service except the process can be in-house. You will be able to a passport in as little as 24 hours. To get a document in such a fast time, you must provide documented proof of an emergency. An emergency can be a family member is ill, has been in an accident, or passed in a different country. If you meet the criteria, you will get your passport. Keep in mind that you will pay more to have one in this short period.

To find out where a passport agency is located, call the National Passport Center at (877) 487-2778. The agent will get you the earliest appointment available. The need for an interview is that these agencies are in federal buildings. If you live in Hawaii, there is one in Honolulu. Below is the information.

Honolulu Passport Agency

Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole Federal Building
300 Ala Moana Blvd, Suite I-33-, Honolulu, HI 96850

8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Monday through Friday

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

Passport Agencies offer expedited services to customers when they are applying for a new passport, a passport renewal, a passport a minor, a loss passport replacement, or a passport name change.


Passed by Congress in 2005, the READ ID Act established minimum security standards for state-issued ID cards and driver’s license. Overall time was set for all states to implement these measures. About half of the United States agreed and went on to make the changes. Others got more time to apply the new security standards on the IDs.

States that have not implement the new security have up to January 22, 2018, to do so. If the deadline expires, state-issued IDs and driver’s license cannot be used as identifications at airports. Only if a new extension is given, can these insecure documents will continue to be acceptable for travel. Currently, Hawaii has made the changes to implement the new securities.

To verify that your ID has the security features, visit the TSA website and see if the state where you live is compliant with the law. Also, you will see other acceptable documents TSA accepts for traveling. Here is a list of some of the other documents:

  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • HSPD-12 PIV card

You may apply for the one you are qualified to get. Most people can get a passport book or a passport card. Only federal employees may apply for DHS travel cards or military cards.

Below you will find a list of passport processing facilities in and around different counties in Hawaii. You may apply at any for a passport.

Hawaii Passport Offices - Where to Get a Passport in Hawaii? Passport Locations