Idaho Passport Offices – Where to Get a Passport In Idaho?

Are you looking for a passport acceptance center in Idaho? No need to worry. We are here to give you all the necessary information. Did you know that most passport acceptance facilities could be in post offices and county clerk’s offices in Idaho? They are, and others are in courthouses and libraries. If you see that an application acceptance facility is not near you, look for one in a nearby city or town. Many services require you to have an appointment, so be sure to call before visiting.

To start the process of getting a passport, here is a list of some leading passport facilities. A more concise list is at the end of this article. Regular passport processing usually takes 4-6 weeks.

Idaho Passport Offices

Facility Address City Phone
USPS- Boise Main Office 770 S. 13th Street, Boise, ID 83708 Boise (208) 433-4308
Valley County Clerk-Recorder 219 North Main Street, Cascade, ID 83611 Cascade (208) 382-7100
USPO- Idaho Falls 605 4th Street, Idaho Falls, ID 83401 Idaho Falls (208) 525-2511
USPO- Twin Falls 253 2nd Ave West, Twin Falls, ID 83301 Twin Falls (208) 7367136
Washington County Clerk 256 E. Court Street West, Weiser, ID 83672 Weiser (208) 414-2092

Passport Expediting Process in Idaho

Expediting service decreases a passport application process in half the standard processing time. Some post offices offer the service, but the cost is more. This option is suitable for anyone who cannot wait 4-6 weeks to get a new passport. To use this option, you must show proof of travel. Proof of travel could be an itinerary or ticket from a reputable airline. Also, a passport soon to expire or expired can be proof that a replacement passport is necessary.

A passport agency also offers this service but can get a passport at a faster time. An agent can have a passport for you in as little as 24 hours. Again, proof of such service is necessary. Most times, people who use this method have a family emergency in another country and must leave as early as possible.

To find an agency, call the National Passport Center at (877) 487-2778. An agent can also set up an appointment for you. An appointment is necessary since most agencies are in federal buildings. Below are two agencies you can contact if you need an emergency passport.

Washington Passport Agency
600 19th Street, NW, First Floor, Sidewalk Level, Washington, DC 20006

8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday through Friday

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

Colorado Passport Agency
Cherry Creek III
3151 South Vaughn Way, Suite 600, Aurora, CO 80014

8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday

10:00 am to 3:00 pm

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

Passport Agencies offer expedited services to customers when they are applying for a new passport, a passport renewal, a minor’s passport, a loss passport replacement, or a passport name change.


As a result of September 11 attached to the World Trade Center, Congress passed a bill in 2005 to established minimum security standards for all state-issued ID cards and driver’s licenses. Every state got a period to implement these new measures to help prevent ID fraud. As of now, some made the changes on the different identifications. Others, on the other hand, had extensions to implement these new measures. On January 22, 2018, the extension expires. If by then no change was made, TSA will not accept a state-issued ID card or driver’s license as identification to board a flight if an extension is not granted. Currently, Idaho State got it and now has until October 18, 2018, to comply with the law. All states must be compliant by October 1, 2020.

On the TSA website, you can find a list of acceptable alternative documents you may use to travel by air. Here are just a few from the list:

  1. US passport
  2. US passport card
  3. DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  4. US military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  5. Permanent resident card
  6. HSPD-12 PIV card

If you already have one of these documents, you can use it instead of your driver’s license or state-issued ID card.

In regards to getting a passport, below is a more detailed list of facilities in counties across Idaho. You may visit any to start your process.

Idaho Passport Offices - Where to Get a Passport In Idaho? Passport Locations