Kansas Passport Offices – Where to Get a Passport in Kansas?

A passport has many purposes, but the most important one we use it for is to travel in and out of the country. So, are you ready to take a long deserved vacation or you have a family emergency that requires immediate attention? Regardless of the reason, this article will inform you on the process you can take to get a passport.

There are many locations you can go and submit an application. The most known place is the post office. At the post office are certified agents who will accept your forms and fees then send them to the processing site. The standard processing time it takes is around 4-6 weeks. Some post offices can also expedite the process. For this to happen, you must pay an extra fee and provide proof of leaving sooner than four weeks. Expedited service decreases the processing time in half. So, you can have a new document in as little as 2-3 weeks.

There are other acceptance sites for applications. These are courthouses, county clerk’s offices, and public libraries. The fees are the same for any place you visit.

Here are some post offices in major cities across Kansas.

Kansas Passport Offices


Address City


Arkansas City Post Office 210 E Washington Ave
Arkansas City, KS 67005
Arkansas City (620) 442-1080
Atchison Post Office 621 Kansas Ave
Atchison, KS 66002
Atchison (913) 367-6303
Emporia Post Office 625 Merchant St
Emporia, KS 66801
Emporia (620) 342-2372
Great Bend Main Post Office 2100 16th St
Great Bend, KS 67530
Great Bend (620) 792-4381
Colby Post Office 535 N Court Ave
Colby, KS 67701
Colby (785) 462-7904
Dodge City Post Office 700 Central Ave
Dodge City, KS 67801
Dodge City (620) 227-8618
Pittsburg Post Office 702 N Locust St
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Pittsburg (620) 231-6000

Passport Expedited Services in Kansas

To use this service, you must be in need of a passport sooner than the standard time it takes for processing. So, if you booked a flight without knowing your passport expires soon or will expire shortly, this is the right choice to make. An expeditor will submit all the required documents on your behalf and put a rush on the processing. The cost will vary based on how quickly you need it. Some expeditors can get it to you as early as 24 hours.

Another option you have to get a rush passport is through an agency. Agencies are located in different states, but not in all state. To know if one is, call the National Passport Center hotline toll free number at (877) 487-2778. Speak with an agent and get an appointment for an interview. An interview is required since these agencies are in federal buildings. Also, keep in mind that federal buildings are closed on Federal Holidays.

When you use an agency to get a passport, you can get it in as little as 24 hours.  You must show proof of departure, as well as documentation demonstrating the emergency. This service as well costs more than the standard process, so prepare to pay the necessary fees. Here is the location of the nearest passport agency.

Colorado Passport Agency
Cherry Creek III
3151 South Vaughn Way, Suite 600, Aurora, CO 80014

8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday

10:00 am to 3:00 pm

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

REAL ID Act OF 2005

Congress has established minimum security standards for all state-issued ID cards and driver’s licenses that must be implemented by all states and US territories by a set time. These new measures will affect anyone who commutes by air. What this means is if you have an ID card or driver’s license without the standard security features, TSA will stop you from boarding your flight.

There are some states like Kansas that already made changes to these cards. Because of this, residents will not have any problem flying from any airports in the US. To determine if the state you live is compliant with the law, visit the TSA website. You will also find on the site other documents that you can use to travel. Here is a list of a few of these alternative documents:

  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • HSPD-12 PIV card


Below you will find a list of passport processing facilities in different locations in Kansas.

Kansas Passport Offices - Where to Get a Passport in Kansas? Passport Locations