Minnesota Passport Offices – Where to submit your passport application in Minnesota

Are you wondering where you can submit your passport application? Across Minnesota are a variety of locations that accept passport applications. The place you are more likely to go is the post office. At the post office, a certified agent will package all your documents along with your fees and send them to a processing facility. The average processing time is 4-6 weeks then you get your new document in the mail.

Other sites that accept applications are courthouses, county clerk’s offices, and public libraries. Also, at these sites, agents package your information and submit it to the processing center. The time for processing is the same as the post office and the fees are the same as well.

Here is a list of some significant cities acceptance facilities in Minnesota State.

Minnesota Passport Offices

Facility Address City Phone
USPO – Duluth 2800 W Michigan St., Suite 109
Duluth, MN 55806
Duluth (218) 723-2565
Koochiching County Recorder 715 4th St
International Falls, MN 56649
International Falls (218) 283-1193
Blue Earth County Taxpayer Services 204 S Fifth St
Mankato, MN 56001
Mankato (507) 304-4251
Minneapolis Main Post Office 100 South 1st St, RM 106
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Minneapolis (612) 349-4713
USPO – Moorhead 119 Fifth St South
Moorhead, MN 56560
Moorhead (218) 422-2000
USPO – Twin Cities AMC 5001 Northwest Dr.
St. Paul, MN 55111
St. Paul (612) 9707643
City of White Bear Lake 4701 Highway 61
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
White Bear Lake (651) 407-5300

Expedited Passport Services in Minnesota

Getting a passport in a rush is a possibility, but you must demonstrate proof that you need it in a short time. One way to do so is to have an itinerary or a ticket with a departure date from a reputable airline showing you are flying internationally. Once you have the proof, an expeditor can get a passport in 2-3 weeks. The cost for this service is more compared to regular processing.

If you have an emergency and need to leave in 24 to 72 hours, a passport agency can have a passport for you at that specific time. Again, for expedited service, you must provide proof. Proof can be one of your family is ill, was in an accident, or passed away, and you must leave urgently. After verifying the evidence and the fees paid, you will get a new passport.

Unfortunately, passport agencies are not in all 52 states, so to know where you can find one you must call the National Passport Center hotline at (877) 487-2778. During the call, you can set up an appointment. The appointment is necessary since all agencies are in Federal Buildings. Also, keep in mind because of this these offices are closed during Federal Holidays. Minnesota does have a passport agency. Here are its location and business hours.

Minneapolis Passport Agency
The “Old” Federal Building
212 3rd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55401

8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday

9:00 am to 3:00 pm

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

REAL ID Act of 2005

The REAL ID Act is a law that affects anyone who uses a state-issued ID card or driver’s license as identification at the airport. According to the law, every state must implement a minimum set of security on their ID cards. If these security features are not present, TSA has the right to stop the user from boarding their flight. As of now, the law is not entirely enforced due to its deadline set for October 10, 2018. After such time, if IDs are not changed then an alternative document must be used.

TSA has already established a set of acceptable documents. Visit TSA website to see the list. Here are some of the documents on the list:

  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • HSPD-12 PIV card

If you already have one of these documents, you can use it as long as it is still valid. Only if you are a US citizen, you can apply for a passport. So if you don’t have one, the one you have will expire soon or expired already, now is the time to apply for it. Below you will see a more detailed list of offices across the state.

Minnesota Passport Offices - Where to submit your passport application in Minnesota Passport Locations