Nebraska Passport Offices – How to get a passport in Nebraska

Nebraska Passport Offices is one option you have when applying for a passport. These facilities have agents who are certified to accept documents and fees and then send them to a processing center. To find a passport office, you can go to post offices, courthouses, county clerk’s offices, and public libraries. The fee at any of these locations is the same for the standard processing which takes 4-6 weeks. Some places may require an appointment, so please call before going.

Expedited service is also available at post offices. With this service, the process is faster, and you can have a passport in 2-3 weeks. The fees, in this case, are more since you are paying for additional services and a passport. This option is discussed next in this post. But first, here are some passport acceptance facilities in cities across Nebraska.

Nebraska Passport Offices

Facility Address City Phone
Gage County District Court 612 Grant Street, Beatrice, NE 68310 Beatrice (402) 223-1332
USPO – Columbus 1555 24th Avenue, Columbus, NE 68601 Columbus (402) 256-3208
Hall County Passport Acceptance Office 121 South Pine Street, Grand Island, NE 68801 Grand Island (308) 385-5012
Red Willow County District Court 502 Norris Avenue, McCook, NE 69001 McCook (308) 345-4583
Lincoln County District Court 301 N Jeffers Street, North Platte, NE 69101 North Platte (308) 534-4350
USPO – Scottsbluff 112 W 20th Street, Scottsbluff, NE 69361 Scottsbluff (308) 635-1121

Expedited Service in Nebraska

With expedited service, you can get a passport sooner than four weeks. But before you asked about this option, here are some things you should know. To use an expeditor, you must show proof of an upcoming trip. It can be an itinerary or a ticket from a reputable airline. Also, the date of your departure must be within the next 2-3 weeks. Once you get the okay, you must pay the application and expediting fees.

A passport agency can also help with getting an expedited passport. In this case, you can get one in 24 hours only if you can provide evidence you have an emergency. For example, an emergency could be you have a family member very ill, was in an accident, or passed away and now you must leave to make some critical decisions. Again, once you have approval, you pay the necessary fees to get your document.

To get an interview at a passport agency, call the National Passport Center at (877) 487-2778. You will also get the location of the nearest office, and you must follow the instructions given to avoid losing your appointment. Passport agencies are in Federal Buildings, so keep in mind that they close on Federal Holidays.

Here are the names, locations, and operating hours of the nearest passport agencies. You can only visit the one you have a scheduled interview.

Colorado Passport Agency
Cherry Creek III
3151 South Vaughn Way, Suite 600, Aurora, CO 80014

8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday

10:00 am 3:00 pm

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

Minneapolis Passport Agency
The “Old” Federal Building
212 3rd Avenue S, Minneapolis, MN 55401

8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday

9:00 am 3:00 pm

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

REAL ID Act of 2005

The REAL ID Act is a law passed by Congress that affects commuters who fly domestic and use a state-issued ID card or driver’s license as identification at the airport. The bill establishes minimum security standards for ID cards when used at this specific location. Federal agencies, like TSA, have the authority not to accept ID cards without these security features. The law is not fully implemented but will be by October 1, 2020. ID cards from any noncompliant state will not be accepted. TSA has put together a list of acceptable documents on its website. Here is a list of some of these documents you can use instead:

  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • HSPD-12 PIV card

If you already have or is currently using any of these documents, there is no need to get a new one except if it expired or will expire soon.


Below is a more detailed list of acceptable passport offices in Nebraska. You may visit anyone to submit your application for processing.

Nebraska Passport Offices - How to get a passport in Nebraska Passport Locations