Nevada Passport Offices – How to get a passport in Nevada

You can find Nevada Passport Offices in different locations around the state. The most convenient place to find one is in a post office. Post office agents are certified by the State Department to provide information and collect documents from anyone who applies for a passport. The materials, along with the fee, are package and forward to a processing site. Similar to post offices, courthouses, city and county clerk’s offices, and some libraries, these facilities are also authorized to collect and submit your passport applications.

The application fee is the same at each site, so it does not matter which one you choose to go and submit your application. Some places may require an appointment, verify this before going. Also, check their operating hours as most closes on Federal Holidays.  Apart from standard processing, which takes 4-6 weeks, expedited service is also available. This service will be discussed more in detail. But first, here are some facilities in cities across Nevada.

Nevada Passport Offices

Facility Address City Phone
Carson City Main Post Office 1111 S Roop Street, Carson City, NV 89701 Carson City (775) 884-2300
James C Brown Jr. Post Office 1001 E Sunset Road, Las Vegas, NV 89199 Las Vegas (702) 361-9209
Ely Main Post Office 2600 Bristlecone Avenue, Ely, NV 89301 Ely (775) 289-9276
Reno Main Post Office 2000 Vassar Street, Reno, NV 89510 Reno (775) 788-0725
Tonopah Post Office 201 Erie Main Street, Tonopah, NV 89049 Tonopah (775) 482-3359
Winnemucca Post Office 850 Hanson Street, Winnemucca, NV 89445 Winnemucca (775) 623-2456

Expedited Service in Nevada

Are you in a rush to get a passport and cannot wait four weeks? An expeditor can help you get a passport in 2-3 weeks if you can prove your trip is within that period. Also, if you already have a ticket to travel to your destination. After approval, you must pay the application and expediting fees to get your new document. Getting a passport in 24 hours is also an option. This would be possible through a passport agency.

Passport agencies work with applicants who need an emergency passport. To be approved, you must meet with an agent with proof of your emergency. Most agencies are in Federal Buildings; therefore, an appointment is necessary. Call the National Passport Center at (877) 487-2778 to arrange a meeting. Also, the agent will give you the location of the nearest office. Below is a list of agencies along with their locations and operating hours.

Los Angeles Passport Agency
West LA Federal Building
11000 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1000, Los Angeles, CA 90024

7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday through Friday

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

San Diego Passport Agency
1 Columbia Place
401 West A Street, 10th Floor, San Diego, CA 92101

8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Monday through Friday

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

Western Passport Office
7373 East Rosewood Street, Tucson, AZ 85710

8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday

9:00 am to 3:00 pm

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

REAL ID Act of 2005

The REAL ID Act may affect you if you live in a state that is noncompliant with the law. The law, passed by Congress, establishes minimum security standards for all state-issued ID cards and driver’s licenses. Without these additional features, federal agencies like TSA, will not accept these documents for identification purposes when you fly domestically. As of now, some states are compliant while others have until October 10, 2018, to change their ID cards. If by then it is not done, other documents must be used at airports instead. Nevada is compliant; therefore, residents ID cards are accepted by TSA.

On TSA website you will see a list of documents that can replace the noncompliant ID cards. Here are some from the list:

  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • HSPD-12 PIV card

If you have a valid passport, you can start using it at the airport even if you are flying from one state to the next. If you don’t have a valid passport, now is the time to apply for one. Keep in mind that an adult passport is valid for ten years and a minor is for five. Getting this document will help when you travel in the US, as well as when you decide to go abroad.


Below you will see a more detailed list of acceptance facilities all across Nevada. You can visit any location to submit your passport application.

Nevada Passport Offices - How to get a passport in Nevada Passport Locations