Utah Passport Offices – How to get a passport in Utah

Utah Passport Offices are all over the state. Offices can be found in post offices, courthouses, county clerk’s offices, and public libraries. Every location has certified agents who will accept your documents and payment for your passport. These agents will then send your package to a processing center. The average processing time is 4-6 weeks, so plan according. Before you know it, you will have your new passport.

Visiting any of the locations and submitting your application will not change the processing time. However, if you need a passport sooner than four weeks, ask for expedited service. Some facilities offer this service but before you go, call to verify if it does. Also, some may require an appointment. So, make sure you have one if the location you are going needs one. Below is a table of some passport offices in cities across Utah. Visit anyone to start your passport process.

Utah Passport Offices

Facility Address City Phone
Box Elder County Clerk 1 South Main St, Brigham City, UT 84302 Brigham City (435) 734-3393
Cedar City PO 333 N. Main St, Cedar City, UT 84720 Cedar City (435) 586-6701
Millard County Clerk 765 S. Highway 99, Fillmore, UH 84631 Fillmore (435) 743-6223
Kane County Clerk 76 North Main, Kanab, UT 84741 Kanab (435) 644-2458
Wayne County Court 18 South Main St, Loa, UT 84747 Loa (435) 836-2765
Logan Main PO 75 West 200 North, Logan, UT 84321 Logan (435) 752-0413
Moab PO 50 E. 100N., Moab, UT 84532 Moab (435) 259-7427
San Juan County Clerk 117 South Main St, Monticello, UT 84535 Monticello (435) 587-3223
Juab County Clerk-Auditor 160 N. Main, Nephi, UT 84648 Nephi (435) 623-3410
Garfield County Court Clerk 55 South Main St, Panguitch, UT 84759 Panguitch (435) 676-1100
Provo PO 95 West 100 South, Provo, UT 84601 Provo (801) 375-4771
Salt Lake City Main PO 1760 West 2100 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84199 Salt Lake City (801) 974-2332

Expedited Passport Services

Expediting your passport application can be done is you need it before four weeks. To do so, hire an expeditor company who will submit all your documents and fees. The expeditor will also put a rush on the application which will help to increase the process. The process time is about 2-3 weeks before you have the new document.

If you have an emergency that requires you leave in a day or so, contact a passport agency. To find the nearest agency and get an appointment, call the National Passport Center at (877) 487-2778. Unfortunately, not every state has an agency; therefore, you may need to travel to another. Utah does not a passport agency but the nearest is in Colorado and Arizona. Below are the locations and business hours.

Colorado Passport Agency
Cherry Creek III
3151 South Vaughn Way, Suite 600, Aurora, CO 80014

8:00 am to 3:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday

10:00 am to 3:00 pm

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

Western Passport Office
7373 East Rosewood Street, Tucson, AZ 85710

8:30 am to 3:00 pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday

9:00 am to 3:00 pm

By Appointment Only
Closed on Federal Holidays

REAL ID Act of 2005

The REAL ID Act passed by Congress established minimum standard security features on all state-issued ID cards and driver’s licenses. Any state ID without the security features will be accepted by TSA agents at airports. The total effect of this law will be on October 10, 2018, when all states should have their ID cards completely changed. If not, other forms of identification can be used. On TSA’s website, there is a list of other documents. Here are a few from the list:

  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • HSPD-12 PIV card

If you already have one or more of these ID cards in your possession, you can use it at the airport. If you do not, the more convenient one to get is a passport. So, if you need to renew your passport, or get a new one, visit the nearest passport office and start the process.


Below you will find a list of passport processing facilities in and around your county. Click on the one nearest you to get the necessary information you will need.

Utah Passport Offices - How to get a passport in Utah Passport Locations